Tuesday 1 June 2010

>>> Slugplates the label is launched !!!!!!

I’m proud to announce the long overdue launch of my label...Slugplates

The label was originally put on hold a few years back, due to other demands, but I’ve finally decided now is the right time to get things moving.

Slugplates 001 is a 4 track EP by myself and will be released for free. Followers of Cogent might be familiar with a couple of the tracks on the release, as they have featured in both my mixes and mixes by other headz from the dubstep & grime scenes.

Some of you might have been expecting the EP out on another label; in brief I don’t think this was ever going to happen and the experience has helped me make the decision to get my label up and running... See the post below for more on that!

Essentially I will be looking to release sounds that might be slightly left of centre from the dubstep, electronica or garage scenes; hopefully providing an alternative take on bass driven electronic music. I will be building the label up over time and will be looking for artists, designers, DJ’s etc so if you wanna get involved hit me up!

So anyways SP001 is out now, and I’ve decided to give the first release away for free so feel free to pass the link around, host on blogs etc! The more exposure the better!

Cogent – Counter Motions EP [SP 001]

The selection is a melting pot of sounds; fusing raw beats, twisted basslines, haunted atmospherics and spacious melodies, giving the listener an alternative take on the sound of dubstep.

Click the cover below for previews and choose your choice of files; MP3 320K / Flac / ACC / Ogg / ALAC



Counter Motions was mastered by Bob Macc @ Subvert Mastering

Big up... Cogent / Slugplates

0 comments: